Re: Macbook Pro users?

Hi All -

I have a MacBook Pro that I've been testing for work. Unfortunately,
I can't speak to much in regards to audio software yet, but in
general I love the machine. I have been using Reason 3.0 and that has
been working great. I plan to load Live on it this next week, and
will eventually upgrade to the Universal Binary 5.2 version.

I haven't done the dual boot install, but have been using the
Parallels virtualization software (www.parallels.com) - still in beta
but *way* faster than the Virtual PC emulation software. That is not
yet ready for prime time regarding audio apps, though. WHen there is
better audio support, I definitely want to test it out and (time
permitting) will test the dual boot solution so that I can start
tinkering with Mobius. So much software, so little time!

Which brings up an interesting idea - perhaps I could load up ninjam
on both OSes and jam with myself :-)

Cheers,
Craig

BTW - the biggest drawback so far hasn't been software related but
hardware related - these 1st generation MBPs have a 4x DVD drive
which feels a bit like a throwback in time!