Re: E-bow

On 7 May 2006 at 11:25, mech wrote:

> One frequently-used E-Bow technique, though, is to move
> the little bugger directly over the top of the pickup.

One I use a lot is to roll all the treble off the pickup - you get a
fair impression of a flute, if you give some thought to finger
vibrato.

Using a foot volume pedal allows you to bring in the volume to a
sensible level - it's tricky to get this right first time wihtout one
- either you're too quiet or (more often) too loud and adjusting the
volume knob whilst holding the e-bow is a tad tricky ;)

All the best,

Nick Robinson