Looperlative pricing

Paul Richards wrote:
"The solution, then, is to turn the technology over to, uh, ZOOM for maybe
cool million bucks, sell them for $599.99 then, mass produce them so we
can
get the looper elites to shut the hell up.

Dear Paul, with all due respect,  you seem to be uninformed about the
economics of the looping world.

Zoom would never in a million years, by a product like the Looperlative
for
a million bucks.   They would lose there asses
in such a deal because not that many people even buy looping devices.

At one point I made impassioned pleas to the people at Line 6 to put some
changes into their cheap floor model , the DL-4.
They said,  "We sorry to tell you this, but we sell very few units of the
DL-4 to people who are specifically using it for looping.
Our market is for guitarists who use the delay modelling and the looping
is
thrown in as an added bonus.  We don't sell enough
to loopers to make it worthwhile adding, say MIDI syncing capabilities."

It was an eye opener to me.     Matthias Grob (inventor of the echoplex)
and
his partner Kim Flint can tell you about the lack
of huge profit in selling a highly sophisticated looper.   Bob Amstadt can
tell you the same thing.  He's risked a lot of his family's finances
in an attempt to make this product and is the most non-elitist guy I could
ever introduce you to.

******************

You know something,  if you take any serious musician................after
while,  they realize they want to buy a better axe to go along
with all their hard work getting better on an instrument.

If you are serious about electric guitars,  you are going to have spend
over
a thousand dollars, by and large, to get a really good instrument.
Shit, if you are cellist or an acoustic bassist we are talking $5,000 to
$10,000 for a really good instrument.

The looperlative is now, by far and away, the highest fidelity hardware
based live looper on the planet right now.
If you are serious about looping in your artistry, then you have to at
least
consider it as an option in what you invest in.

Anyone can buy one at list price for a year of payments of $120-125/month.

Try to buy the best drumset in the world for that
price....................they'll laugh you out of the music store.
The same goes for an excellent acoustic guitar or electric.

The fact of the matter is that there are inexpensive instruments (line 6
DL-4, boss RC-20) and there are more sophisticated
and more expensive instruments (the Echoplex and the Looperlative).
You can buy software loopers that are fantastic
for much cheaper, but you have to have a $1500 laptop computer to run them
on.
This is just life.

To derisively tell the so called looper elites to shut the hell up is not
only highly disrespectful but it also shows a woeful lack of knowledge on
your part.

Please consider your remarks before you blast people on this list. This
community is heavily populated by those same people.........some of whom
happen to be world class artists without an elitist bone in their bodies.

And please get your facts straight.

signed,

a person who makes very little money, living off his artistry and also
plays
the cheapest and most expensive loopers on the market,

Rick Walker