Re: Laptops and Latency...

Latency is a very serious issue with both laptops and hardware
loopers. I had to modify my Electro-Harmonix 16 second delay re-issue
so that the "Dry" signal path was only passing through the analog
circuitry, the latency was just maddening... The Electrix Repeater
has a tremendous amount of latency in the "Dry Path",  so I built a
little mixer to pass the input signal and every time I power up the
Repeater, I need to remember to press the key combination which mutes
the dry signal path.

I know that there are a number of interfaces which allow direct
monitoring for zero latency, such as the Tascam 122, but if you
expect to use anything in the computer to process the 'dry' signal,
you will experience latency...

http://www.zmix.net