Re: pushing limits

 >>>for some of us it just happens that our music pushes the hardware
to the limit,

I guess we want to create music that couldn't have happened before.<<<

that's great. I'm very interested in finding out what's possible with
a particular set up, exploring possibilities etc. It's just that when
it comes to actually playing for an audience, or recording music that
provides the soundtrack to my life, the cleverness of the looping
comes in a very poor 10th behind 9 levels of musical considerations.
That's not to say that clever looping tricks and musicality don't
overlap - they clearly do sometimes! - but for me it's a matter of
priorities. I've heard clever looping that works as music and I've
heard clever looping that sounds like crap (to me). It's the same
with every musical sub-set I guess. I dislike most of it.
Fortunately, there's so much music out there that I could buy a new
CD every day for the rest of my life and not run out of world class
music to listen to. :o)

cheers

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site