Re: Looping with Backing Tracks???

I've experimented a bit with this and here's what I
found works nicely.

Get a software sequencer.  Almost any will do probably
but I use Digital Performer 4.6.  Why?  I don't know.
Works though and runs off a laptop easily.  For drums
I use a combonation of BATTERY2 and Stylus RMX.  Both
are pretty processor friendly if you don't add a lot
of effects.

Then I make a track that's a command track for my
Repeater.  Tells it when to go into record, when to
stop the record, etc.  I really like having this
totally automated so I can just play and not have to
worry about pedals.  Using this method I can create
verse/chorus/bridge structures very easily and toggle
between them.  Works really well if you're doing a
structured song as long as you do a bit of planning.

Of course, you could do the same thing with an EDP as
well or any hardware looper that'll sync to a midi
clock and do multiple loops.  Repeater's just my tool
of choice at the moment.  Could possibily do it in
software too, but I haven't figured that out quite
yet.  Seems promising.

Mark