Re: I want to sell your CD through our stores

You might find this article tangentially interesting:
http://www.thelongtail.com/the_long_tail/faq/index.html

It's a positive spin on the character of internet sales/distribution (not
about spam but about availability of titles, etc).  But as you point out,
marketing is different than sales.