From: Krispen Hartung [mailto:khartung@cableone.net]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 10:17 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Computers and Global responsibility - was RE: Snap,
Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

yeah, I question the term "perfect". :) That seems to be relative as
well.
Sure, if all I used my laptop for was to load up my simple VST host and
load
Mobius to loop....then I can do that now and it is pretty close to
perfect.
But as soon as you start adding complexity to the system, risk
increases.
As with me, I was building a VERY complex VST effect system. In the end
what
killed me is a contention issue between applications and hardware. This
is
the most frustrating thing about software and computer systems.
Applications
will often work great by themselves, but they don't always play nice
with
others, which is why my complex system crumbled when I decided to try a
different sound card.

Kris