Re: Computers and Global responsibility

What I've done to address this is break my music time
down into two distinct areas.  Playing and tweaking.
For a long time I thought tweaking was standing in
they way of my playing but eventually I realized that
I get pleasure out of the tweaking and assembling of
complex digital audio systems. Plain and simple.  Some
of my most rewarding times have been getting out the
old mental can opener and digging into some new synth
and previewing it's presets and later tweaking them to
be my own, or reconfiguring some gear to work in a way
I hadn't previously considered.

Of course, it's easy to become overcome with such
madness, so I make sure I allocate weekends for pure
playing with a system that I've got working and I'm
comfortable with.

I use the analogy of a model train collector.  Part of
its collection, part of it's assembly and part of it's
watching the choo choo go round and round.  Look at
the tiny cows!  OH NO! ONE'S ON THE TRACK! WON'T
SOMEONE SAVE MILKY!?

Mark