Flight cases

Hi All,

I'm shopping after some good packaging for my instruments. I found a
"Peli" case with the correct measures, but it seems way too heavy
with its 12,7 kg!!! Even before you start packing it you are already
more than halfway to that merciless over weight fee limit. I guess
Peli is not to consider "FLIGHT case", or maybe that brand is
designed for well paid NASA engineers and alike ;-)   Anyway, I need
to get something light and hard that can take a FCB1010 and some more
stuff. Any advice? (Zoe Keating once suggested a violin case and rip
out the stuffing, which is an option that I'm about to check out as
well).

Or am I totally wrong here? Does a good case have to weight in on
12.7 kg?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)