AW: First KYBERMUSIK recordings online

Thanks for your feedback. Let me address some of your questions below:

> The segment from around the 5 minute mark to the 12 minute
> mark really grabbed my attention, nice momentum with some
> lovely delicate ornamentation.

In the unedited recording, it took me about 15 minutes to decide what to do
after I set up the initial loop, and was really delighted when after an
eternity of musical standstill I came up first with the bassline, then with
the drum groove. ;=)

> I would suggest perhaps the use of a tad more percussion with
> quirky motifs to thread thru a session, for instance, when
> some of the ambientness needs a bit structure to gel - but
> that is just my taste these days, not a deep observation.

Then you're most likely not to like my live performances ;). I usually try
to combine sections with a clearly defined rhythmic structure or pulse with
completely odd-metered parts - just as in this recording.

Having said that, I'll have to admit that I am not a percussionist by heart
so would have a hard time to spontaneously improvise the fitting percussion
to hold it all together

> Pretty amazing sound quality given that I am listening to an
> mp3 of a recording of something streamed in semi-realtime
> over the cyber-aether.

Actually, only the part Krispen played had been streamed over the net in
this recording; this is what I recorded on my side, so my part is
uncompressed PCM, Krispen's part is a 6kbps mono ogg/vorbis.

> Did you both use headphones or studio monitors as you played?

Can only speak for myself here; I used a pair of Dynaudio BM5As listening
the mains and a pair of headphones for the cue channel of Live. If you ask
because of the audible metronome in the first part, take a look at my
message regarding "metronome bleed" in the archives.

        Rainer