Re: OS? Home, Media or Pro?

A last reply to the whole thread, there was a description in the german
computer magazin c't which showed how to turn a XP Home into an almost
complete XP Pro. The installer disks contain almost the same, they only
differ in what they install...

I didn't bother, my XP is dead at the moment (switched off an unfinished
install of an antivirus program, which rendered the machine completely
useless, it would boot, but each click would need several minutes to do
something. But as there is a working Linux installation on it, and my
main working machine still is a Mac, I can happily wait till I find
somebody who knows the tricks to reanimate that box....)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------