Use sampler to playback recording

Title: Use sampler to playback recording

Hi
I have experimented with recording "found sounds", burning to CD,  playing the CD while I play Stick in live performance     E.g.   I play along to a 3min. recording I made of tree frog sounds

I am considering the Roland Fantom XR (synth/sampler) for creating a wide variety of sounds from midi keybd.

Then  it occurred to me that I could also load my  recordings into it,  and play them back during live performance - instead of using a CD player or iPod.  (as long as they don't exceed avail memory).     I've never used a h/w sampler before,  but I think this would work - correct ?

http://www.roland.com/products/en/Fantom-XR/

-Qua