Software vs Hardware, Laptop vs Oldskool - post scriptum

One important issue had been missing from my initial post:

> B: Comparison of both setups

9. Flexibilty and Instant Reconfiguration:
Sometimes, you want to change or expand your configuration. Like having
another submix to send one to the looper, the second one to a compressor
and
the third one to something else. Or you suddenly want - for one specific
tune - to have the snare drum and the crash cymbal on their own mixer
channels for dedicated treatment. Or you want to try out a new processor
you've just stumbled across.

With the hardware setup, it's either not possible (currently, both the
Kaoss
and the Triple-C share a submix - meaning that the Kaoss's noise is present
when I want some drums do be enhanced by the Triple-C's envelope
compressor), or it takes a considerable amount of time to get it done, and
the same amount of time to restore it to the old state.

With the laptop, it's very quick to just plugin a new VST, expandability is
only limited by the computer's power (meaning, in the example from above,
it's easily possible to just add another subgroup), there's total recall
(meaning restoring the last configuration simply means loading the last
Live
setup), and it's even possible mid-performance (not within a tune, mind
you,
but while I explain to the audience who I am and what I do or whatever).

In this category: a clear win for the laptop