New RC-50 Delema

So, I've been playing with it all night and It's a very powerful unit but
there is one thing that I can not figure out how to do and maybe someone
could shed some light on this for me:

Even when I turn the Guide off, which can be fun but I don't really wanna
use live, the Tempo is still active. So when in single mode (Verse, Chorus,
Bridge, etc-separate loops each pedal) if I play a something on phrase one
then go into another section on loop 2 it's fine but when I go back to loop
one, the RC-50 seems to revert back to the original tempo of the patch and
it's can't be turned off...So...The damn thing time compresses/expands my
original loop to whatever the tempo of the patch happens to be set at...and
we all know what it sounds like when that happens...GARBLE GARBLE GARBLE...

Either I'm just too burnt and the solution is right in front of my eyes or
something, but I can't figure out how to make this stop happening without
turning the guide back on and tapping a tempo before I play my loop
phrase....

Is there a way that anyone has figured out, how to disable the patch tempo
when not playing with the guide, so that my phrases don't revert to that
tempo and get all messed up? It seems like there HAS to be and i'm pretty
technical but I'm not seeing it....

Sean Mormelo
www.seanmormelo.com
www.myspace.com/seanmormelo