Re: Way OT: EM fingers!

Okay, I knew I'd ask about this but now have no choice from context
alone...

The rig has been down for several months given massive works on the house.
On a weekend three or so weeks ago when I'd just had it and wanted to play
no matter what, I stupidly crushed the end of my left middle finger
between
two big flagstones around 3 weeks ago, splitting the end like a melon.
Didn't break anything (x-ray check) and it wasn't a center-on hit so I
kept
the nail.  I can however feel the hard bit inside where the scar tissue is
forming.  I massage the tip most of the time, gently, and the feeling in
the
tip still hasn't come back.  I've been told by a carpenter who says he did
something similar that it won't come back for as much as three months.
Obviously this effects playing - and even if one excludes the nuances one
obtains through good feeling-control, the hazard of not feeling the
fingertip becomes one of finger damage through sense ignorance.

I was itching to play before this happened, and have been having lucid
dreams about playing since a week after the accident.  Needless to say
here
is an illustration as to why one should not hesitate before going at it.
I'm going to come into just a little bit of money via my late mum-in-law
sometime in the next month or so, and have decided that [a] life is
frigging
short, and [b] I'm going to get a small, efficient amp system for
performance purposes and rent a couple of halls in the London area when
this
damned finger gets better.

So, guitarists on the list: How long will it take for this to come back?
Thx in advance.

S.