From: samba - [mailto:sambacomet@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:44 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: more to slide than blues?

An curios statement considering that slide was invented by Hawaiians.There
was a huge hawaiin music fad in the 20s(.Ever seen the pictures of the
college guy w/ a racoon skin coat ,a strw hat and a ukulele? that was as
hip
as a white guy could get ,for thatgeneration) Anyway Hawaiian music had a
huge influence. and not just on Country  ,B.B.King has said part of his
vocal lead style was influenced by Hawaiian steel guitar.