Re: Gyorgy Ligeti, RIP

Umm, I'm not sure the NPR story gives Ligeti his due: he's one of the
defining figures in modern music. I'd include him with Stravinsky,
Debussy, Bartok, Messiaen, Boulez, Lutoslawski, Kagel, Stockhausen,
Glass and Reich. A true genius, and his works, especially
Doppelkonzert, San Francisco Polyphony and Hungarian Rock, changed my
life. RIP, he will be missed.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net