Re: stupid compression pedal question..

> I'm fiddling around with compression pedals in my guitar playing. Also in
> the mix are distortion, delay, envelope filters, and chorus/flange type
> stuff. I've read everything from the compression pedal shoudl be the
>first
> item in the chain to it should be the last or it should follow a
> particularly volume/tone sucking effect.
>
> Assuming I'll at very least always have a distortion-> envelope
> filter->Delay/looper where is the best place for me to place the
> compression pedal?  Does this change if I am using a different instrument
> (drum machine, bass, saxophone, whatever).
>
> If you can let me know why you chose that would help a lot too.
>
> Thanks for any/all help!

Are you using the compression pedal to limit or sustain?  I saw Bill
Frisell
talking once about how he used to have a volume pedal and a compression
unit.
Once he realized that he had the volume pedal in his chain to overcome
what he
was doing with the compression pedal he got rid of both. YMMV.

Cheers,
Kevin
www.TheNettles.com