Sloppyness (was: Re: Hiromi)

On 21 jun 2006, at 19.11, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Now, I know a lot of you probably like Steve Vai

I don't. But my brother does. Once he played me "a cool Vai tune" and
what I heard was Vai playing guitar, just like he always does, but
this time through a certain default preset of the Eventide Eclipse. I
couldn't believe he just plugged into the Eventide like any simple
effect box and shredded away! But I guess I would enjoy hearing Vai
live, just as I did when hearing Dexter Gordon doing his "Juke Box
Game Thing" without almost playing a single original note.

> While
> I'm at it, have you ever listened to how sloppy The
> Jimi Hendrix Experience is?  I love every moment of
> it.

Yeah, wonderfully sloppy! When "sloppyness" oozes of that what-the-
hell attitude I do love it. But when "sloppyness" oozes of ignorance
I just can't stand it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)