Re: Sloppyness (was: Re: Hiromi)

i had an argument about this the other day when i was
talking to a guy whos is a classical trained pianist
and blew up as i told them that technique doesnt
really interfere in my judging of good music or
performance,i simply react unconsciously to sound that
sends chills down my spine regardless of
technique,style or otherwise.He then said if music
doesnt have some sort of competent technique for him
is simply uninteresting and most of it(like a lot of
rock)uncompetent overhyped commercialized trash...
could it be that self taught people should have more
understanding of "academics and technique" as well as
trained people about "street and intuition"?
I also know that to write a good song,sing,get
interesting guitar tones,or play that overhyped
incompetent commercialized trash u hear in pop music
is a lot of work!
Luis