Re: oud simulator?

Yes I have their catalog - but was hoping not to spend the $1500 right now.
Would be great to have a simple mod for guitar! Thanks...

"Torstein H. Rem" <trem@broadpark.no> wrote:
There are a couple of good looking electric ouds made by Viken Najarian
http://www.oud.net/
Review of the E-1000 on Harmony
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Najarian/E_1000-1.html
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=2274

There`s a clip on this site of one similar looking to the Najarian oud. Noisy and cheap
sound quality but gives an idea. Site seems to be inactive.
http://electricoud.com/

Lark in The Morning has an electric oud by "Renowned Turkish luthier Saadettin Sandi"
http://larkinthemorning.com/product.asp?pn=OUD014&Electric+Oud=&bhcd2=1150975858

other places to look
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/index.php
http://www.unfretted.com/loader.php?LINK=main

The message board on unfretted can probably answer if fretless guitars like the Godin Glissentar
may sound oudlike with some EQing.

T.