Re: Reaktor FX, Was: Thoughts on the Eclipse, Fireworx, G-Force, and PCM81

On 26 jun 2006, at 19.03, Kevin Mulvihill wrote:

> Some pretty nice stuff DC/Kris. Wish some of the pieces were longer
> and more fully developed but sounds great in pseudo-surround. I
> have never plugged my guitar into Reaktor, but I will try that
> now... thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Kevin

Check out this one then:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/Playing_Guitar_Solo_Through_My_Laptop.mp3

It's a stratocaster plugged directly into a laptop. Oh, I was also
using my Ibanexz Tube Screamer pedal to crank the input level to
match the Indigo soundcard's input level. The rest is all software;
looping in Augustus Loop plug-in (OS X), Ableton Live's built-in
reverb and some Cycling 74 plug-ins (Pluggo "Rye" and
"SpeedShifter"). Pitch Shifting "played" from FCB1010 controlling
Agusustus Loop pitch. The "jumping-up-n-down" pitch transpose
sequences are MIDI loops that when launched from the foot pedal
trigger the Loop pitch into whole note etc scales (done in overdub
looping mode, very fun!).

And this other piece is no looping at all - only overdubbing. To be
exact: 176 guitar solos overdubbed ;-))
http://www.boysen.se/audio/176_G5_Stratocasters.mp3
(not precisely beautiful, but one day in the test lab I had to find
the upper audio track limit of the G5)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)