Mobius/VST/VSTi host-sequencer with external sync?

In my search for a one app solution to sync two
computers (a Mac running Digital Performer 4.6.1 to a
PC running...) I've been checking out a few apps (So
far Traction 2 and EnergyXT) I'm finding that they
don't support sync from an external midi clock.  Does
anyone have any experience getting a sequencer synced
from a midi clock originating outside the computer?

Per, maybe you're right about Live being the app I
need.  I remember I was totally able to get it synced
to Digital Performer in an older version of it. Worked
perfectly.  Shame the "Lite" version I got with my
audio interface doesn't support MIDI sync.  I'd love
to be able to check it out before I spend the cash.

I guess another option, I can get Chainer or Max/MSP
to act as a vst host that'll respond to midi in from
another device it won't matter.  Damn, EnergyXT looked
good too, so close to what I want.  Again it may work
in my standalone laptop system as long as it can send
sync to external devices.

I'd love to here any ideas or experiences with doing
inter computer sync.  I've also been hearing about
MIDI over ethernet that sound like a promising
alternative.

Mark