Re: software based phrase sampler

Thanks,

I'm glad to see the chart also ... I always end up reading the specs and
trying to figure out the capabilities of various looper devices (with
mixed
success since some of them do a pretty bad job publishing that sort of
thing).

I think I can get it to work on a mac.  I am planning on distributing a
beta
copy in a couple weeks ... If I can get it working on a mac, I'll send you
copy.  Doesn't do you a lot of good without the pedals, but you can
experiment with it anyway.

You asked where I would be on that list:

                  FlyLoops:
Overdub                - Yes
Feedback                       - Yes
Undo                   - Yes, versatile undo.  All layers independent.
Quantize                       - no
Reverse loop              - yes - and also the option to scratch a any/all
layers as if they were on a turntable.

MIDI                    - not currently, but I have set it up for that in
the
past.
Presets                 - no, but can save and reload loops, and sets of
loops.
Sync                    - Internally, using one track as master.
Cut n Paste slices      - yes
Pitch transposing       - could be developed pretty easily.
Time stretching - same
Tap tempo                       - no
Max numbers of loops    - many, limited by computer
multiple loops in parallel       - Yes
Audio channels            -  Currently configured for 5, limited only by
computer hardware.  With a reasonably new computer, there are no latency
problems up to at least 10 separate loops.

Stereo recording        - Yes
Built-in storage option - Yes
can run on battery      - No - USB device.
Memory RAM      - N/A