Re: software based phrase sampler

At 09:42 AM 7/4/2006, Jeffrey Larson wrote:
>On Jul 4, 2006, at 7:23 AM, Buzap Buzap wrote:
> > As stated also in my mail addressing Aaron, I think a well integrated
> > hardware controller + software DO have a lot of potential.  Look at
> > all these M-Audio interfaces that work with Ableton Live.
> > Marketing and financing the whole thing - without the backing of a
> > company like Roland or Korg - is of course another issue... ;-)
>
>Right, that's the trick.  Manufacturing, distributing, and repairing
>hardware is a pain in the ass, and very difficult for an individual
>to do at a price people are willing to pay.

actually, these things are quite easy for a single person to do these days
and it doesn't cost that much. The manufacturing infrastructure is all
pretty much built around that idea now. It is much, much easier than it
was
10-15 years ago.

If you are trying to make a sustainable business out of music products,
make hardware. The market is willing to pay a substantially higher price
for it, the costs are low, you can make a decent profit margin, and the
development effort is easier than for software.

kim