RE: FlyLooper & market potential

> From: Buzap Buzap
> > The average guitar player gigs at home, where their PC lives.
>
> This is exactly the audience I have in mind!!
> So, if you have a "out-of-the-box" package that comes with
> plug&play USB foot controller and nice software (maybe add
> some free plugin effects?), all together for 80,- USD/EUR,
> hell, I would go out and buy one immediately, just out of curiosity.

Sure.  Does anyone here think you can make an interesting
profit on a hardware/software product selling for $80?.  This
is a footswitch we're talking about, something people stand
on and spill beer on.  Build quality will have to
be higher than your average M-Audio desktop controller
like the Trigger Finger.

The Trigger Finger is actually pretty close to what we're
talking about, only it needs to be larger and more rugged.
That lists for $250.   The custom Garage Band controller
is $179.

Hardware guys feel free to correct me here, but it seems
like the realistic price point for a USB footswitch
is going to be at minimum $200 if you want to turn a profit.
Probably more because M-Audio can make up for a lower
profit margin with volume.

Now how much to you feel you deserve for the software?
Do you give it away to move the hardware (a strategy
a lot of hardware vendors use) or do you tack on
another $100?

Now your price point is around $300.  I suspect most
Garage Band kids are going to have a harder time
justifying that, unless the software does something
spectacular.

Again, I would love to see a flexible USB footswitch for use
with any MIDI application.  I do have to wonder though why
this hasn't occurred to M-Audio, it seems like a natural
progression from the Trigger Finger.  They could easily take
the market away from the FCB1010.

Jeff