Re: what kind of gear setups to you guys use ?

Just to backtrack a bit on this gear thing (the sub-string about pedal
order), experience has shown me that on rare occasions, modulation and
delay devices can sound great BEFORE distortion. Three examples:

1. MXR flange on slow, fairly wide sweep (not Van Halen/airplane wide) in
front of a dimed Rat can produce some fine "Big Country" bagpipe sounds.
2. The same flange, same setting, before a nice overdrive like my good
cheap Boss SD-1, creates the Killing Joke "Love Like Blood" sound.
3. A delay before heavy overdrive can give you a wonderfully chaotic sound
reminiscent of mid-'70s Crazy Horse or U2's Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock."

Yours in Sound,
Tim
www.myspace.com/timmungenast
www.mungenast.com