Re: famous folks on list

Steve wrote:

> you're absolutely right that it's about priorities, and for people
> for whom music is a hobby, a love, a past-time, their relaxation,
> sitting chatting about it with a bunch of anonymous emailers is a
> dream come true. If the rest of your time is spent talking about
> musical stuff, dealing with music related questions, playing gigs,
> organising gigs etc. etc. etc. the last thing some people want to do
> with their free time is talk about music.

Very well-put, Steve.  I have a day job, music has become my second job,
and
now I draw for relaxation.  I love both my jobs but there are limits to how
much I can work until my brain becomes mush.  I also now spend more time
with
my real-world friends in non-job-related situations.

Having said that, LD is a wonderful resource that's taught me a lot in the
few
months I've been on it.  I've been privileged to meet some great and
talented
people online who I hope to meet someday face-to-face.  LD is one of the
best
mailing lists I've ever subscribed to.

Peace,
Kevin