Re: RC-50 glitch and LR levels

I heard the glitch when trying to loop slower more sustain gtr stuff. Will check my LR levels.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846
250.752.4816
www.glassWing.com
www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com

On 6-Aug-06, at 11:21 AM, Tom Ritchford wrote:

Let me add my two cents and say that the RC-50 is just not ready for prime-time.

The fact that I can't simply record a loop freely without a glitch is
unacceptable (see discussions of the RC-50 glitch).

The lack of feedback is very annoying.

My unit is 16dB louder in the left output than the right. I am
debating sending it to the manufacturer.

I'd describe myself as "very disappointed" in this unit.

On 8/6/06, Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de> wrote:
Krispen Hartung wrote:
> Ah, but not when you drink free coffee all night (50% of your
> compensation, btw), and lest you pee your pants you have to quite your
> set 1 minute early....THAT is where feedback comes in handy. Very
> practical indeed, not peeing your pants at a looping gig. :)

Feedback is dangerous if you don't know how close it is to 100% (I
always want control of my 8 independent feedback knobs as I tend to go
close to 100% from time to time). A looked loop of 90 seconds though
definitely would let you go for a pee...

In general feedback is always possible with a mixer, but those who
demand it in the box probably want it without a mixer.

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------

--