Re: ...what to go for then?

Well, what do you want to do?
- Mostly to be able to loop in sync to what a Dj is playing.

Are you playing an instrument, singing, beatboxing?
- Yes, Iīd be playing guitars, bass guitar and singing.

Is it important for you to be able to have seperate loops for verse/chorus type structures or to overdub longer phrases overtop of shorter ones?
- Yes this is very important.

Do you need to be able to control volumes of seperate loops simultaneously?
- Not so important at first, but really cool.

Also, itīd be cool to go stereo, but as far as I know, the RC-50 is the only that would go stereo, and RC-50 is not a choice now. All others I guess would cost me double to do so.

--Josh

tunga.muzik wrote:
Iīm going with the individual items idea. I really ainīt got the time to try a laptop system, although that sure might have its highlights.

The purpose of  question at first was really to have info from you guys who own or have owned and performed live with models like RC-20, RC-20XL, JamMan, Boomerang, Akai Headrush....the standard units, cause Iīll probably go for one of these. Also, itīd be so cool learning with you people who have performed with a DJ, in a "live" experience. That would really make clear which features can not fail, or must be reliable at all.

See, at this point itīs about getting the coolest/best individual unit, so that I can perform a very reliable/creative gig with the DJ community and/or a stand alone act - have in mind I would go for the RC-50 before reading web reviews about it, so itīs not all about saving a few bucks.

Also, the DD-20 and LINE 6 DL4, I wouldnīt consider using them as a looper unit, as I think itīd be a limited choice for a serious looper. Now thinking it as a delay unit, again from you actual or past owners, what about the features, sound quality, ease of use of each one, which is the best?

Thanks again.

Peace.