Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

I don't know.  I mean, like I said, I'm not sure I could have bought an entire system, but I would have paid more for an FCB1010 and a copy of Mobius that were already set up to play nice with eachother, especially if it included a little quick-start guide that explained how they worked together and point me at some resources for learning more about how to tweak the hardware/software to my own needs.

--Josh

Matthew.Quinn@sunlife.com wrote:
Some folks might say, why would I pay $180 when I can do that

myself? Well, the answer is that if that were the case, then you are not
the target market for the package. This is for folks who want to buy a
system and have it work right out of the box.

And of course, the system would come completely setup, configured, and
ready to loop.

Isn't this the main inherent advantage of a hardware looper?  All the
advantages of this system are just really duplicating what you get when you
buy a new (to you) Repeater of an EDP. The advantages of being able to
tweak that system specifically for your needs would probably require that
you learn everything about all of the components of the system, sort of
negating the 'advantage' of having someone else initially set it up for
you, since you're gonna have to learn how it works anyway.

Oh, I'd say the best line of attack from a business proposition POV would
be to find the cheapest laptop that you can get with the necessary specs,
configure  it specifically for looping/audio editing, and sell those by
themselves. Pick one software looper (people seem to like Mobius), throw it
on there, and from there maybe reccomend an interface, you could probably
make some money in offering some additional set up based on the interface
they choose- or they could do it themselves. I think most loopers wouldn't
mind learning the 'music' systems on their own machines (the looping & any
effects/plug ins etc), it's making the OS run most efficiently (the
'computer' part, if you will) that I don't think they have the
time/patience for.   Just a thought.......