Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

> Oh, I'd say the best line of attack from a business proposition POV would
> be to find the cheapest laptop that you can get with the necessary specs,

In an unrelated business, we tried this at my day job.  We purchased
laptop
computers because of their size and built-in battery.  What we discovered
quickly is that manufacturers change models of laptops faster than we
liked.  Each new installation had a new learning curve because the laptop
was slightly different each time.

I'm not saying that you could succeed selling ready-made looping laptops,
but I am saying that it may not be easy.  This is especially the case when
your customers start calling you months later because their laptop stopped
working.  So, if any of you decide to go into this business, I would
highly
recommend designing the pricing structure to cover yourself in the worst
case because it will come up.

Before I went out and designed a hardware looper, I seriously considered
creating a software looper.  I decided against it because I didn't want to
deal with the headaches of having to support all the different
configurations of computers and audio devices.

Of course, your mileage may vary.