Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

Good points. I think what Jeff has developed is an amazing service to the
looping community. He is like the software version of Bob and LP1,
constantly listening to users, updating, improving, etc. Who else is doing
this for us?

At least, I think Jeff should put a PayPal donation section on his site to
compensate his time, in case he can't charge for Mobius because of the EDP
connection. I'd donate in an instant, given the benefits I'm geting out of
Mobius.

But sometimes developers don't like to take this route....these tools are
the love of their trade, and they do it unselfishly and unconditionally.
Look at all the folks wo develop Reaktor 5 ensembles and post them for
free.
They could charge if they wanted, but the don't. And some of these effects
are mind blowing. Loopy Llama is free too....a really good software
emulation of the Jamman or DL-4.

So, yes, if someone were to package up Mobius or any of these free looping
software programs in a notebook looping system, then I by al means it
would
be a good idea to talk to the owners of the programs and get their
permission, or work out a deal of some sort. In fact, if someone were
really
serious about this, they would figure out how to get the nootbooks,
conrollers, and audio interface at cost (as a retailer), so that they
could
offer a more competetive price and focus on more valuable services.

Kris