Re: EDP ignorance

At 11:02 12/08/2006, you wrote:
>Todd Howell wrote:
>"I am an occasional poster who has recently been blessed with an EDP
>Plus. In fiddling with it, I've managed to put it into a mode where
>it'll play the loop perhaps four times while slowly fading out to
>silence. What function have I managed to activate and how do I get
>it back to "normal" function?
>1) Your feedback knob on the front panel is turned down.
>At 100%  (full up)  the loop will repeat forever without losing volume.

good ol' Rick :-)

>by the same token,   purchase one of Andre's CDs to hear just some
>of the enormous power this unit has.
>They are available through  http://www.altruistmusic.com/

If Andre spins your head too much (and you certainly should let him) then
be sure and get Luis Angulo's Primeros Ciclos
http://www.luis-angulo.com/new-projects.htm
which has the edp features used very musically too, but easier to follow.

Rick's right, the edp manual isn't full of "this is how you get that"
tutorials.
If it was it could go to several volumes. In order to cover all the
functions the manual has to be a fair size, that doesn't leave a lot
of room for step by step guidance.
It doesn't hurt you to read right through the manual, even though
some of it will be incomprehensible to start with it's easy to pick
up the basic stuff.(miss out the in depth midi stuff though ;-)
Usual recommended way to tackle the edp is to start with learning
about Record, then Overdub, then Multiply and so on
(from left to right in terms of the buttons)

The edp is designed so you can flexibly with it, to do things that
the designers didn't realize was possible.
..but still easy to use if you want to stick to the basic functions.

andy butler