Steve Reich: Music for Mallet Instruments, Voices and Organ

    This piece of music (Music for Mallet Instruments, Voices and Organ)
by
Steve Reich
was one of the seminal pieces that influenced me in the serial repititive
movement
that set me up to be so excited by the prospect of tape and later digital
live looping gear.

Originally recorded only on a very pricey triple album vinyl Deutsche
Grammaphone release,
the piece never achieved the popularity of Reich's later works (Music for
18
Musicians, et. al.)
but it is a quintessential piece of repetitive 'looping music' and my pick
for the very best
Steve Reich piece ever recorded.

It is performed in real time with musicians but they slowly morph the
piece
in a away that is
very analagous to lowered feedback settings in a Gibson EDP.

Along with Eno's earliest ambient exercises and the amazing 'Evening Star'
by both
Robert Fripp and Brian Eno and added to the whole concept of West African
repetitive
polyrhythmic concepts and a healthy dosage of LSD-25 in my late teens and
early twenties
this music made me a live looper for life....................lol

Check this out..................it's actually been rereleased on a
Nonesuch
single CD.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005IZS/ref=ase_howardstokarmana/002-0771502-6092037?s=music&v=glance&n=5174&tagActionCode=howardstokarmana

It is some of the best psychedelic massage or love making music ever
recorded.
It still puts me into a trance every time I hear it.

R.