Re: repeater question

Michael Sintros asked:
" does this thing have the ability to slow a
 loop down like a tape, meaning change tempo affecting
 pitch?"

for one thing, michael...............the repeater is not being sold
currently in a brand new state.
they've announced the MK2 version but it has been months and months since
they did and
many people think they may never come back.  I pray that is not true.

I love my repeater though it has some bugs but what it does specifically,
unlike an old analogue tape echo which not only slows the recording down
time wise but
also makes the pitch go down as well is use stretching algorithms that
allow
you to pitch a loop over 3 octaves
WITHOUT the tempo of the loop changing (this paradigm has been used alot in
computer software programs,  ACID, Ableton's LIVE and Garage Band)

YOu can also change the BPM of the loop radically without changing it's
pitch.

You CANNOT   make both the pitch and the tempo go down at the same time
unless you have midi expression pedals that will send both commands
simultaneously

(My brother, Bill, has written some very hip programs for the Berhringer
FCB
1010
midi pedals that do this).

Matt Davignon also uses a couple of really old digitech stomp box digital
delays that allow him
to manipulate pitch............I can't remember the model number,   I just
know I'm jealous
of some of the cool manipulations he gets away with using those pedals.
He's got a killer
new CD out, by the way.........using only a small drum machine as a sound
source.

No other looper will do quite these things although Bob Amstadt the
inventor
of the LOOPERLATIVE
pedal has just added a feature that allows one to go from 1/2 speed to
regular speed via an expression
pedal command that simulates the old Roland RE201 tape echo effects
(awesome emulation of that
device, by the way,  in a software VST instrument just put out by
Universal
Audio----------spot on
perfect reproduction of the early instrument that defined early Dub
recordings)

Hope that helps answer your question.

Rick Walker
www.looppool.info