VF-1 dead?

Hi Gang:

Last night my Boss VF-1 decided not to power-up. It won't even light up... no audio, no front-panel display. The transformer works just fine --- could the power input jack suddenly have developed a crappy connection, or does it sound like something more dire?I'd open it up myself but I'm afraid of giving a vital chip a static shock or something stupid like that.

Should I start saying the kaddish for this wonderful red box, the basis of my sound?

(And I never got to even try the vocoder patch... waaaaahhhhh!!)

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Peace,
Tim
www.myspace.com/timmungenast