laptop-loopers (guitar)

> not....I am somewhat neutral on this for now, but one part of
> in me wants to reduce effects to non-instruments when a
> traditional instrument is the primary sound generator, but
> consider effects (laptops included) inststruments when they
> are stand-alone music/tone generators.   This is just a

Ok, let's see where this will lead us...let's say you got a DL4 with a
sweep
delay, or a laptop with OhmBoyz. There is a setting on the depth/feedback
(vs. resonance/feedback) knobs where the effect will do nothing on its own,
just react to your guitar (or whatever). Then there is a setting where the
effect will start to generate huge washes of noise all by itself. And there
is the range in between where by the tick of a knob it will turn from a
"tame" effect into something which will start to self-oscillate by just a
tiny increase in brownian motion. And you're telling me this tick of the
knob removes the "non-" from "non-instrument"?

;-),

        Rainer