Re: Looping stuff for Mac

Title: Re: Looping stuff for Mac
Hey jeff,

I just took a minute to try this.  YES!

Nice work, especially the varispeed thing. I’m always amazed when I see this: 6 percent cpu hit on a powerbook 1.5 with a Motu Traveler.  When I’m using Ableton to accomplish what I need to, I’m up to 40 percent and struggling.  When working in Max to accomplish something similar, I’m down around 30 percent. Max/MSP is absolutely cpu efficient when doing everything from the inside out, rather than employing lots of VSTs from the ‘outside’, for example.  But even then it’s really efficient, so no complaints.

What is also amazing to me is the flexibility of style available with programming from max.  I have a few friends who’ve made loopers with max, and each one is completely different, yes, like a different Instrument, to refer to our ongoing thread, and each single one makes entirely different music using subtleties in control and design.

Probably points which may have been made here before, but which I felt might contribute something by saying it again here.

Thanks Jeff.  I will use this onstage soon with your permission, which I guess is implied by your posting it to try it out?  I look forward to seeing how you deal with midi control and what other developments you might think of...

Great,  bests everybody,

Todd