Re: EH 2880 question

Title: Re: EH 2880 question
You can drop in and out of record at any time when synched to a running MIDI clock, and  you can start and stop playback at any time, too.

I have a question about the Electro Harmonix 2880 that I think is rather easy to answer for you guys. I'm a percussionist and rather new to looping, and electronic equipment in general. Is it possible to record with an external, running midi clock? I'm often in a situation where I play percussion along with DJs and producers who has drum machines or working with ableton.

I red in the manual that by pressing rec with an external midi clock connected, the 2880 will start record when it receives a midi start command (p.22). I guess that would be when you press start on the drum machine which doesn't help me much. In my situation, I want to be able to record and loop whenever I want, when the drum machine/ableton already is running.

Is that possible with the 2880, if not would that work with any other hardware equipment?

/ Thomas Wingren
www.expansionsmusic.com

http://www.zmix.net