Re: Modified EHX 16 Sec. (Midi Issue)

>From what EH told me the internal tempo will *not* sync to the manual
tempo you overwrite with the updated hardware. I've never noticed the
midi out tempo changing on mine but perhaps I didn't pay attnetion or use
it like that yet. I pretty much either run it totally in manual mode or
use the drum macine as a click and sync myself to the pedal, never both.

I agree the idea that the manual tempo actual does *not* set the tempo of
the pedal is a serious flaw. Quite frankly I'm dissapointed in the entire
"reissue" nonsense about this.  Prices have dropped in half since this
came out years ago and so much for the hype of a "limited edition" which
got us hungry loopers to shell out for the first units afraid something we
waited 20 years for would soon be OOP again.

I *am* glad they at least added the manual upgrade though. That makes it
no worse than any other pedal and if you only use manual mode and ignore
any midi sync it's actually a very nice piece.

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Tucker Tota wrote:

> I had my 16 second digital delay modified, so now I can set the tempo
> with two presses of the foot-pedal. This was very crucial, but it's not
> something other looping pedals can't do.

> I experimented with it a lot and found that if I have the drum machine
> playing (tempo controlled by the MIDI out of the pedal) and I record a
> loop at a different tempo, the drum machine will jump to a faster or
> slower speed. Not to the speed I'm playing, but it shows that the MIDI
> speed is altered for some reason. This leads me to believe there is
> some way to sync the MIDI out with the newly-set tempo.

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.