Re: Looping vocals

Hi,

I have a conundrum... I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm a guitarist and beatboxer, and I used to own a Boomerang, which I bought so that I could loop my voice. It was big, robust, easy to use, etc... but the problem was that the sample rate was quite low and it seemed to cut off a heck of a lot of top end, which is essential for beatboxing. So... I tried two other pedals:

The Akai E2 Headrush - I bought one and took it straight back, as I realised it had no input gain control, which meant that I couldn't use a mic straight in. I decided therefore that for a little extra money I could have the Line 6 DL4, with its 24bit sample rate and extra delay effects, which I could use in other applications. So...

The DL4 - This is what I own now. It's great for guitar - Crystal clear and easy to use, but I'm yet to try it with vocals.

Here lies the question...

Does anyone know of a way I can gain up a mic signal, without colouring the tone? I also want an A/B/Y box so that I can switch the input between guitar and beatbox or both. The ideal solution would be an A/B/Y box with independent gain controls. Does anyone know of such a thing?

This has been the bane of my creative life for some time now. If anyone can help, I'll give them my first-born iguana.

Thanks.

Neil x