Re: "Instrument" vs "Effect"

On 12 sep 2006, at 18.46, mark sottilaro wrote:
> I tried to get out but they keep pulling me back!

I also tried to get out, ever since I started this thread some three
weeks ago, but now I too just got pulled back again. Yesterday Kid
Beyond was here for two gigs and we met up at my place for comparing
looping rigs and commit ourselves to associated nerdy activities. A
button on my FCB1010 was dead and it just dawned on me that "My FCB
really IS an Instrument"! A simple MIDI foot controller, but the way
I use it is to transpose the pitch according to a scale and I can't
really say that I'm improvising more melodies with my hand
instruments than by transposing my caught audio with those foot
pedals. Feet, hands and wind intonation has simply become parts of
the same "looping instrument" (before I learned to play it I used to
call it "my looping rig").

And then today I finally found a new FCB1010 in music store. It
appears Andy was right; my MIDI Sysex files from the five years old
pedal can not be read by this new one. Oh The Crap!!! Need to tap
dance for many hours to set up the new pedal... or eventually I may
download some XP software to edit it? (will check with the FCB Users
List area in a moment)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)