CD recommendation and london gig...

I think I've mentioned Leo Abrahams here before - looping guitarist that works a lot with Brian Eno, currently playing guitar for Roxy Music, recently worked with Paul Simon, Nick Cave etc. very fine musician, with a great new album out called 'Scene Memory' - see www.leoabrahams.com for more.

He's doing the next Recycle Collective gig in London with me, in a trio with saxophonist/producer/genius Jason Yarde - www.myspace.com/jasonyarde

We'll be doing the "tag-team looping" format for the RC gig - three sets, three 'curators', each set featuring some solo, some duo and some trio stuff. all three possible duos get explored, and three different trio improv sections with each one of us 'leading' a section.

We're coming up to the first anniversary of the Recycle Collective, and it has been, without doubt, the most exciting and interesting musical project I've ever been involved with, featuring some of the greatest improvising musicians and loopists that I've ever come across, including BJ Cole, Cleveland Watkiss, Theo Travis, Leo Abrahams, Orphy Robinson, Seb Rochford, Andy Hamill, Todd Reynolds, Rowland Sutherland, Trip Wamsley, Ned Evett, Thomas Leeb, Emily Burridge, Jeff Taylor, Roger Goula, Patrick Wood, Andrea Hazell, Julie McKee, Mandy Drummond, Julian Ferraretto, Huw Warren, Juliet Turner, Harry Napier... amazing for one year's worth of monthly gigs (plus a festival special at Greenbelt a couple of weeks ago).

Anyway, the next gig, with Leo and Jason, is on Wednesday September 20th, at Darbucka World Music Bar, 182 St John's Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1 4JZ. tickets are £6/£5 concessions (NUS/OAP/MU/Unemployed - please bring proof) - doors at 7, music at 8, the restaurant upstairs is open before that, and is fabulous, so come for dinner first! :o)

links you might need -

www.recyclecollective.com
www.darbucka.com
www.leoabrahams.com