Re: Looping in a parking garage....

Jeff Kaiser wrote:
> It is so easy to route multiple outputs in max/msp....

AC3 is to make simple things comlicated...

> I still don't know what eax or ac3 is....but google is my friend, so
> I will use it.....

Forget it, its not usable, better look into ambisonics. But thats almost
unknown...

AC3 is not for making music, its for distributing soundtracks. And
squeeze them to the rest of the space of a DVD. The format forces you to
setup speakers in a musically uninteresting way, 5.1 is for homecinema
dummies (though it would work for 4-channels)...

EAX is for gamers to give them the ultimate kick, there is almost no
technical info about it available, it seems to be just a 3d reverb to
spacialize sound effects. Not a distribution format, not a standard
either...

If I go multichannel I use 6-8 speakers...

I would prefer 2*5.1 - would give me 10 channels...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------