Re: Re: Mini Electric Guitars

I think you'd be better off with the Spirit GT-Pro or
the slightly earlier Hohner equivalent (same
Steinberger-licensed hardware) than with something
with a radically different, nearly
impossible-to-intonate scale length. The Spirit is
about 30", and in its gig bag still less than 33",
although for travelling you'll get funny looks because
it's somewhat weaponish-looking. But then again, burly
men in dark suits with light ties carrying violin
cases used to get that reaction, and times change.

In any case, stay far, far away from the Epiphone 1/2
scale series which are really nothing more than
childrens' toys. I bought a "Wee Vee" to cannibalize
for parts (needed a half-scale neck for a full-scale
electric cello project), and before dissembling it, I
played it for a little while and could safely say that
it would NEVER play in tune. Besides, they've only got
one pickup and I, like you, am very fond of my neck
pickup.

The Spirit, on the other hand, while still the target
of scorn from owners of composite Steinys, intonates
accurately, stays in tune extremely well, meets your
size requirements and is a bargain.

-t-

<http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes>
'Rantai' CD: <http://cdbaby.com/cd/timnelson1>