Re: Mini Electric Guitars

On Sep 17, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Jeffrey Larson wrote:

> Has anyone used the Fernandez Nomad?

I have one of the first run of that model.

I like it a lot, the neck is superbly playable. I like its unusual
shape.

But the fx processor makes it  a bit heavy for the guitar's size and
when using the wall-wart it heats up quite a bit so that after awhile
I have to put something as a buffer between the guitar and my body.
The speaker has a tendency to distort too easily when overdrive or
some amp styles are used but the patches can all be tweaked and
massaged to alleviate that but I mainly run overdrive stuff thru
another amplifier.

I have never tried busking with it but it is a fun guitar.  The more
recent version apparently has mainly just added drum machine patches.

Pignose also makes a guitar with built-in speaker/amp.

regards

BobC

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier2