Re: Very long morphs (was: keeping loops interesting)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Dont' forget that the harmonic structure of
> songs/progressions can mimic the harmonic structure of
> a tone... though I'm not sure if that makes anything
> more "Fractal."
>
> What I'm looking for (in software hopefully) is
> something that slowly changes a perameter over very
> long lengths automatically.  Like modulating a filter
> (delay or any other effect) with a sine wave, but have
> the sine wave have a period of 10-20 minutes.
>
> Anyone know of something that'll do that?  A VST?
> Reaktor .ens?  I think that would be a really cool way
> to produce an interesting effect like the ah ah ah ah
> loop in Laurie Anderson's Oh Superman.

Not entirely responsive to your specs, but I managed a 3minute modulation
with Moog moogerfooger effects a while back. Here:

"If you have a CP-251 control processor. Turn the LFO rate all the way
down, patch the square wave into the Rate input, and the waveform at the
triangle wave output will be a falling sawtooth wave of 1/60 Hz (actually
the one I measured came in at 55 seconds/cycle - pretty dang close). If
you want a rising sawtooth, run it through the mixer and use the inverting
output."
CP-251
*set LFO Rate to minimum
*connect TRS cable from square out of LFO into the red Rate jack, then a
2nd TRS cable from the triangular out to the phaser.

gives me dead on three minutes on my gear - 180 seconds from the
vertical peak of the rising sawtooth to the next vertical peak.

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex   http://www.subscapeannex.com/