RE: Short loop fades more quickly than long loop with same feedback setting

From: Warren Sirota [mailto:wsirota@wsdesigns.com]

> Per said:
> > When I'm in a situation with long loops and short loops playing back

> > together I can not use feedback to fade out all loops equally. So I

> > don't. If I really have to fade equally I'll use hand faders
> > and play  instruments with only one hand for the part. Might be
tricky.

> Right.... Which is why "fade" on a multichannel looper makes more
sense than
> feedback, if it's available. Still, we work with what we have, right?

I just can't sleep with the lingering implication that Mobius does not
support fades :-)

It does in fact support fades, though automating fades currently
requires
scripts, several of which are available in the script library.

Fades struck me as more of a personal preference or performance
variable thing.  How long is the fade?  Is it synchronized with the
tempo?  Do you fade to zero or 30%?  When you fade back up do you to
go a specific value, or do you remember the previous value?  If you
remember the previous value, is that memory canceled if the user
starts manually adjusting the levels?  etc.

Rather than baking in a particular behavior that might not work
for everybody, I decided to leave it for scripting so it can
be made to behave any way you want.  And of course, if you're hosting
it in Live or Max you can use several techniques to generate CC
messages for controller automation.

Jeff